Most of us are having accounts with social media websites, public email account, and online banking websites. To reduce the stress of remembering different passwords for different websites, we used to keep the same passwords for all of them.
You must know that hackers were able to hack big social media websites like Twitter, Linkedin, etc. It will be a huge risk to use the same passwords for your online banking websites and for social media or public email websites, as we never know when someone will hack them in the future.
Take the below action to improve the security of your online accounts:
- Do not use the same passwords for important financial website accounts and social media websites.
- Keep changing your passwords periodically (i.e at every 15 days or so).
- Avoid using common passwords.
- Don’t use personal information as a password.
- Keep your passwords long and strong that is hard to crack.
- Don’t share your password with anyone (like online support or customer representative of such institute).
- Always keep the password recovery option strong that is impossible to guess.
I am sure this week’s security tips will help you to improve the security of your online accounts. Share your feedback by comments.
Related Posts :