Comodo Positive SSL Wildcard vs. Comodo EssentialSSL Wildcard– many SSL seekers, have a dilemma about these two products. If you are a site owner, there are different types of SSL certificates for your website.
However, many site holders still ignore SSL certificates, and users will ask, “Is this site legit?”. To overcome this situation, you need a strong SSL on your site. Here, we bring a comparison between two popular wildcard certificates that could ease your selection process of choosing the best SSL certificate for your website. Before going further, let us discuss in brief wildcard SSL.
What is wildcard SSL?
A Wildcard SSL certificate is a single certificate that can protect the primary domain and unlimited subdomains. All subdomains will have the same level of encryption strength (SHA-2). You can add subdomains in a single certificate without any limit during a certificate lifespan.
Does your website need wildcard?
Every website requires SSL security, and if there is no SSL, then the information will travel in plaintext between the server and the browser. If you receive payment from your client and customers, strong encryption is needed on the website. The question is that do you run a website on a single domain or subdomains.
If the website runs on a primary domain and its related first level of subdomains, you need a wildcard in this scenario. On the contrary, if the website has only one domain, then wildcard is not right for you. To run a wildcard SSL certificate successfully, you need to keep a private key in a safer place (server). The only disadvantage of a wildcard is that if a hacker accesses a private key, then all subdomains and the main domain will be null and void.
Comodo is a trailblazer in the SSL industry who has served thousands of clients till today. It is either individual, small, or medium business or large enterprises. Comodo has a different security solution for every size of business those are equipped with robust encryption and hashing algorithm. By providing modern cybersecurity, Comodo has been successful in creating a safe environment for enterprises. The object is to secure each digital transaction with in-built security using modern algorithm standards.
Why Comodo is the best in SSL Provider?
Below are few reasons why you should choose Comodo over other SSL providers for your website security.
- Affordable Cost: Comodo offers an SSL certificate at a reasonable cost that every individual and small business can afford it. It is one of the reasons why Comodo is popular among enterprises.
- High level of trust and Data privacy: Comodo’s SSL products can build immediate trust in customers’ mindset and ensures that their data travels between the browser and the server will remain secure.
- Avoid Data Sniffing: strong encryption with modern encryption standards makes hacking activities next to impossible and offers users a secure environment.
- Modern Encryption Standard: All online transactions will be protected with a strong SHA-2 algorithm.
- Higher Browser, OS, and Mobile compatibility: Users will have a smooth browsing experience on mobile and desktop browsers. There will be no untrusted warning on browsers as the Comodo SSL certificate carries the highest compatibility. Comodo SSL can be installed on any server, and major operating systems support it.
- Different Validation Processes: Comodo has different validation processes to validate the different types of SSL certificates. Start from domain validation to extended validation, all processes add extra security commitments.
- Fully Automated Validation Process: Comodo provides automated online validation means there is no manual process is required to get an SSL certificate. If required, all documents will be sent via online prescribed forms.
Difference between Comodo Positive SSL Wildcard and Comodo EssentialSSL Wildcard:
The table will give you an idea to choose between two Comodo Positive SSL Wildcard and Comodo EssentialSSL Wildcard certificates. Both wildcard certificates are from the reputed “Comodo” brand.
|Comodo Brands/Features||Comodo Positive SSL Wildcard||Comodo EssentialSSL Wildcard|
|CSR Encryption||2048-bit RSA Key||2048-bit RSA Key|
|Boost Google Ranking||Yes||Yes|
|Trust Seal||Comodo Site Seal||Comodo Site Seal|
|Validation Methods||File/Email/DNS Validation||File/Email/DNS Validation|
|PCI Compliance||NA||Yes (Depend on provider)|
|WWW and Non-WWW Support||Yes||Yes|
|Issuance Time||10 minutes||10 minutes|
|Refund Policy||30 Days||30 Days|
The above comparison shows that many features are similar in both Comodo Positive SSL and Essential SSL wildcard products like 2048-bit encryption key, SHA-2 encryption, fast validation, unlimited reissuance, unlimited server licenses. If we look at site seal, which enhances customer’s confidence towards website, there is a difference for example, PositiveSSL Wildcard offers a Static Positive Site Seal while EssentialSSL Wildcard offers Static Comodo Site Seal to encourage visitors to deal with the website in a positive and secure manner.
The next difference is price- PositiveSSL Wildcard price is comparative low than EssentialSSL wildcard certificate. Now, it depends upon the site owner to go with any wildcard certificate as each certificate carries same level of encryption that can save personal information from data spying and other attacks.
So, have a good shopping experience and secure your website today!!