F5 Network’s FirePass SSL VPN allows users to access applications and devices in a secured external environment. It gives users features like granular access control, access through firewall, endpoint security. It is essential to provide secure communication over the server hence, in this short information we will go through the process of SSL installation on F5 Network’s FirePass SSL VPN. The SSL installation process is divided into two parts: CSR (certificate signing request) generation and SSL installation. Below given is a systematic process of generating CSR on F5 Network.
Generate CSR on F5 Network FirePass SSL VPN:
- Login to FirePass web administration
- Browse Server >> Security >> Certificates
- You will have certificate request form where you have to provide company related details like company name, common name, country, state, etc.
- Now, click on ‘Generate Request’ tab.
- You will receive zip file that contains both CSR and private key file, just download the file and save it on server.
The generated CSR will be required while ordering SSL certificate. In the next article, we will discuss about how to install SSL certificate on F5 Network FirePass SSL VPN.