Many hosting providers use CPanel as it carries rich features. If you are a corporation, freelance techie, anyone can utilize cPanel with a virtual or dedicated server.
CSR (certificate signing request) generation on cPanel consists of two parts namely: Private Key generation and CSR generation. Let us look at both Private Key and CSR generation stepwise.
Private key Generation:
- Log in your cPanel and Locate SSL/TLS Manager in the Security section.
- Click on Generate, view, upload, or delete your private keys.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and you will have the option to Generate New Key.
- There you will find a Host text box to enter the domain name for which you want to take a certificate or drop-down menu to select the domain name.
- Now, click on Generate Button.
- After that, click on Return to SSL Manager.
- Once the page is loaded, click on the Go Back link that will lead to the main SSL/TLS Manager page.
- To generate a certificate signing request, you need to first click on Generate, view or delete SSL certificate signing requests.
- After the page is loaded, you need to enter the following details.
- Host – Choose the domain name from the drop-down menu.
- Country – Enter a two-digit country code.
- State – Enter a two-digit state abbreviation.
- City – Enter the city’s name.
- Company Division – enter Company’s division.
- Email – Enter an email address.
- Pass Phrase – Enter any phrase you want to use for the passphrase.
- Click on the Generate button.
- Click on Go Back.
Now, CSR has been generated using cPanel. Follow the next step to install SSL Certificate on cPanel, Which we will discuss in our next article.
- How to Fix “ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR” on Google Chrome
- NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID IN CHROME – How to Fix?
- Steps to resolve the ‘NET ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID’ Error in Google Chrome
- How to Install SSL certificate on Oracle WebLogic Server?
- Install SSL Certificate on Microsoft IIS 10
- How to Install an SSL Certificate on Tableau Server
- How to Install SSL Certificate on Tomcat Web Server?