Juniper Netscreen ScreenOS device comes with transport level security, IP packet inspection, and virtualization. To enable SSL on Juniper Netscreen, you have to generate the CSR (certificate signing request) then install SSL on Juniper CentOS.
Generate the CSR:
- Open the WebUI application
- Browse NetScreen Option menu >> Configuration >> Select Date/Time
- Click on Sync clock with Client
- Ensure that “Automatically adjust clock for daylight savings changes” option is enabled then click Yes tab.
- Again browse Option >> Network >> DNS
- You will be asked to provide host name and domain name and click Apply tab.
- Browse Options >> Objects >> Select certificates
- Now, click on New button
- Fill the details like name, phone, organization unit, country, state, email address, IP address and FQDN (fully qualified domain name).
- Click Generate button. Your CSR is generated; save the file on server in txt format.
After the process of CSR generation, you need to install SSL certificate on Juniper Netscreen ScreenOS, which we will discuss in our next article.