SSL certificate is an inevitable security protocol that any SMBs or enterprise cannot ignore for their website security, email security, or server security.
SSL encrypts the mail or server communication with 256-bit encryption and keeps outsiders away from transmitting data. SSL certificate can be installed on a server to secure the website by displaying signs of a green padlock and HTTPS URL in the address bar.
Owing to lack of security, the transactions or data transfer between the end-user and the server will remain exposed for attackers and they can take advantage of it. In this short information, we will talk about the CSR generation process on the Zeus web server.
About Zeus Server:
Zeus webserver was developed by Zeus technology, which was commonly used for UNIX and other platforms like Solaris, FreeBSD, and HP-UX. As well the server was used for hardware benchmark SPECwe99, (manage standard set for computer’s performance benchmark).
Zeus server also supports CGI, FastCGI, Apache JSer, Zeus Distributed Authentication and Content (ZDAC).
SSL Installation follows two parts: Generation of the CSR (certificate signing request) and SSL installation. Let us review the process of CSR generation.
Generation of the CSR:
- Successfully creating the CSR, you should first login to the Zeus web server.
- Here, you will find SSL certificates under the Admin section, just click on the given link.
- You will have a “Creating Certificate Set” section in which you just need to click the “Create” button for new certificate creation.
- On the next screen, you will have three options in which you can select “Create a self-signed certificate“, “Buy a certificate from Digicert” (from Digicert SSL Certificate) or “Buy a Certificate from another Certifying Authority” (Simply hover your mouse on SSL Brands at navigation bar). Now, click on the OK button.
- Next, there are fields for CSR generation (organization name, organization unit, state, country code, server address, key size, etc.) for which you have to give details.
- After filling in the details, click on the OK button.
- Finally, your CSR is generated.
- Just copy and paste the CSR including BEGIN and END tags in plain text. Your generated CSR will be used during the SSL certificate order.
By following the above steps you have successfully generated CSR for Zeus Web Server. In Our next article, we will discuss on SSL certificate Installation Process on Zeus Server.
Related Posts :
- How to Fix “ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR” on Google Chrome
- NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID IN CHROME – How to Fix?
- Steps to resolve the ‘NET ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID’ Error in Google Chrome
- How to Install SSL certificate on Oracle WebLogic Server?
- Install SSL Certificate on Microsoft IIS 10
- How to Install an SSL Certificate on Tableau Server
- How to Install SSL Certificate on Tomcat Web Server?