Citrix server is based on ICA (Independent Computer Architecture), WinFrame technologies, as well deliver windows applications to PCs, Apple Mac computers, UNIX workstations using Microsoft Terminal services to enable users to access Windows OS programs. You can successfully communicate over the Citrix server using an SSL certificate.
Before installing SSL, it is necessary to generate the CSR (certificate signing request), and for that, you can follow below steps:
You need to create a key pair for CSR generation and these keys should be kept carefully. In case a public or private key is lost, you may find difficulty.
- To generate the CSR with “Certificate Requester Generator” browse “Administrative tool”.
- Go to the Administrative tool and click on the Access Gateway Cluster tab.
- Now, click on the Certificate signing request tab and provide all details.
- Common name: www.mydomain.com
- Organization name: The registered name of a company
- Organization Unit: The name of the organization unit that is responsible
- Location or City: The city name where the organization is located
- State/Province: The state name where the organization is situated
- Key Length: 2048-bit
- Country Name: First two letters of country code, for example, US or CA
Note: In the Access Gateway FQDN field, you need to place FQDN (fully qualified domain name). In the case of a wildcard, you need to put an asterisk (for example: *.yourdomain.com).
- Now, enter a password for the private key.
- Finally, click on “Generate Request” for CSR generation and save it on the server.
The generated CSR will be used while ordering an SSL certificate. Visit our next article to know how to install SSL certificate on Citrix Access Gateway 4.5 server.
- How to Fix “ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR” on Google Chrome
- NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID IN CHROME – How to Fix?
- Steps to resolve the ‘NET ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID’ Error in Google Chrome
- How to Install SSL certificate on Oracle WebLogic Server?
- Install SSL Certificate on Microsoft IIS 10
- How to Install an SSL Certificate on Tableau Server
- How to Install SSL Certificate on Tomcat Web Server?