RedHat Linux Server is a Linux-based server platform that is fast, scalable and secure for the business environment. In this article, we will show you a step-by-step guide for installing the SSL certificate on RedHat Linux Server.
Download Certificate received from CA/ Certificate Provider:
- When you complete the process of obtaining the SSL certificate, you will receive a zip file by email. It should have a Zip extension that contains all your certificate files. You must download it and extract that Zip file to a specific location such as a desktop/server.
- Now, copy the extracted files in notepad/Notepad++. While copying files, do not forget to include ‘Begin Certificate’ and ‘End Certificate’.
The Text File Should Look Like:
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- [encoded data] -----END CERTIFICATE-----
- When you complete it, you should save it as mydomain.crt. Now, save .crt file to your server directory.
For Example – /mydomain/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/
- While the path for Private key, CA-Bundle, and main certificate path would be as follows.
/mydomain/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/ - You need to store all the certificates here. /mydomain/httpd/conf/ssl.key/ - You should store the server’s private keys here. /mydomain/httpd/conf/ca-bundle/ - You should store all the bundle files by certificate authority here.
Install CA Certificate in Virtual Host:
- You should now open Virtual Host and .config file with notepad/text editor.
- After that, in SSL Section in .config file add 3 below files:
SSLCertificateFile / mydomain/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/server.crt SSLCertificateKeyFile /mydomain/httpd/conf/ssl.key/server.key SSLCACertificateFile / mydomain /httpd/conf/ssl.crt/ca-chain-pem.txt
- Finally, save httpd.config file and restart your server.
Run SSL Checker:
You should run an SSL checker tool to check whether the certificate is installed properly or not. SSL Checker will provide you algorithm, server, keysize, certificate issuer, serial number etc.
- Things to Consider Before you Buy Wildcard SSL Certificate
- What is Multi-Domain Wildcard SSL Certificate?
- Top 5 Best Cheapest Wildcard SSL Certificate Providers
- How Hashing Algorithms Work
- SAN SSL Certificate: Flexible Domain Protection with Strong Encryption
- 6 Best SSL Certificate Provider to Buy SSL Certificates
- Symmetric vs Asymmetric Encryption