After generating private key and CSR (certificate signing request), it is time to install an SSL certificate on cPanel. You should have a zip file received from your certificate provider, which includes the main certificate file, root certificate, and intermediate certificate.
- Download the zip file, copy the content of the certificate file into a notepad or text file, and save it as youdomain.crt. Please copy content including —–BEGIN CERTIFICATE—– and —–END CERTIFICATE—–.
- Login cPanel (control panel)
- Click on SSL/TLS Manager under the security option.
- Under the ‘Certificates’ section, click on Generate, view, upload or delete SSL Certificates.
- It is time to import the certificate. You can follow any of the two methods.
- Under the ‘Upload a New Certificate’ section, copy and paste the yourdomain.crt file into the box namely Paste the crt below.
- Else, you can click on the Browse button and find yourdomain.crt, click the Upload button.
- Now, click on the Go Back option.
- Now, scroll down to the end of the page and click on Return to SSL Manager.
- Click on Install and Manage SSL Certificate for your site.
- Choose the domain from the drop-down menu and the cPanel will fetch the SSL certificate and private key for you. Else, you can copy and paste the content of the CA bundle file.
- Finally, click on the Install Certificate button.
Now, an SSL certificate is installed on the Server and assigned to your domain.
Check SSL Installation:
To check installed SSL on cPanel, you can verify with SSL installation checker that will show you Certificate Details including common name, certificate issuer name, key pair, signature, validation type, etc.
- How to Fix “ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR” on Google Chrome
- NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID IN CHROME – How to Fix?
- Steps to resolve the ‘NET ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID’ Error in Google Chrome
- How to Install SSL certificate on Oracle WebLogic Server?
- Install SSL Certificate on Microsoft IIS 10
- How to Install an SSL Certificate on Tableau Server
- How to Install SSL Certificate on Tomcat Web Server?