Certificate Authority will issue your SSL certificate via email after validating your request that you created Certificate Signing Request (CSR) for Exchange Server 2016. You will receive a zip file that contains the primary SSL certificate (.cer), root, and intermediate certificate. You can install an SSL certificate using GUI Console or Command Line Interface.
Now, you should unzip and save those files on your Exchange server 2016. Let’s follow the steps below to install Exchange Server SSL Certificate with the Exchange Admin Center (EAC), Which is a Web-based management console for managing Exchange Server environments.
- Browse and login to the Exchange Admin Center (EAC) >> Click on Servers >> Certificates >> Select Exchange server for which certificate request is pending. Click on “Complete” link on the right side pane.
- Enter the UNC path of the certificate file and click “OK”.
- Now, the certificate will appear with valid status.
- Your certificate has been installed successfully.
Assign services to installed SSL certificate:
- Browse again Servers >> Certificate. Select the server on which the SSL certificate should be enabled.
- Choose SSL certificate and click on Edit Icon (Pencil Icon).
- Now, select services you want to assign to the current certificate like SMTP, IMAP, POP, and IIS.
- Click Save. Click on the warning while signing SMTP service and click the “Yes” button.
Check SSL Installation:
You can verify the SSL certificate installed on Exchange Server with an SSL installation checker that will show you certificate details including common name, certain Validity period, Key pair, Issuer brand, Validation Type, Server, etc.
- How to Fix “ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR” on Google Chrome
- NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID IN CHROME – How to Fix?
- Steps to resolve the ‘NET ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID’ Error in Google Chrome
- How to Install SSL certificate on Oracle WebLogic Server?
- Install SSL Certificate on Microsoft IIS 10
- How to Install an SSL Certificate on Tableau Server
- How to Install SSL Certificate on Tomcat Web Server?