After the CSR is generated for F5 Network, you need to install an SSL certificate on F5 FirePass SSL VPN. The process is as follows.
Your SSL provider will send you an email with a zip file containing a primary certificate, you have to download and extract the file. Copy the content of the file and paste into a notepad file (which will look as under) and save it on the server.
—–BEGIN CERTIFICATE—– (Your Primary SSL certificate: yourdomainname.crt) —–END CERTIFICATE—– —–BEGIN CERTIFICATE—– (Your Intermediate certificate: certificateauthority.crt) —–END CERTIFICATE—– —–BEGIN CERTIFICATE—– (Your Root certificate: root.crt) —–END CERTIFICATE—–
- Open F5 FirePass panel, and browse Device Management >> Security >> certificates
- In Renew/Replace SSL Server Certificate tab, click Install.
- You will have the ‘Add new Certificate’ box below where you need to copy and paste the detail of your primary certificate.
- Again, in the following empty box copy and paste the private key generated during the CSR process.
- Paste the root and intermediate certificate file content in this given box.
- Click on the Go button. Your SSL is installed now.
To verify SSL installation, you can test it with SSL installation checker that will give you a detailed idea about installation errors (if any). The checker will give you an idea about certificate details like certificate serial number, server type, expiry date, certificate issuer, and other information.
- How to Fix “ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR” on Google Chrome
- NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID IN CHROME – How to Fix?
- Steps to resolve the ‘NET ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID’ Error in Google Chrome
- How to Install SSL certificate on Oracle WebLogic Server?
- Install SSL Certificate on Microsoft IIS 10
- How to Install an SSL Certificate on Tableau Server
- How to Install SSL Certificate on Tomcat Web Server?