Believe or not! Wildcard SSL seems a backbone of website security; an extra “asterisk” binds your website with robust security. There are series of SSL types designed for different business purposes, starting from domain SSL to Code signing certificate and Extended Validation SSL. However, every customer seeks for better quality at a cheap price, the same thing happen for the SSL certificate. Therefore, if you are thinking about to move your site to wildcard SSL- a less pricey option to secure your website, then info-graphic underneath will help you a lot.
What is a Wildcard SSL?
A wildcard SSL is a public key certificate that works with multiple sub domains so a single SSL opted for a primary domain (*.mydomain.com) can secure unlimited sub domains like
A cost saving Factor:
Wildcard certificate enables business to save additional cost that many businesses spend on buying individual SSL. If you go for other certificate (except SAN certificate), you will generally have to buy an additional SSL certificate for additional sub domain, whereas wildcard gets you rid of spending extra money on single certificates.
When you go for wildcard SSL, you will have numerous advantages like
- Being a cost saving certificate you do not have to worry for your sub domains.
- With wildcard, you can manage a single certificate efficiently that will free you from certificate lapse.
- Purchasing a SSL will also help your website ranking, as Google prefers HTTPS as a ranking booster.
Few Amazing Lineaments:
With wildcard certificate, you will not only saves cost but also, get amazing feature that surely entice you to go with this certificate.
Once you purchase a wildcard SSL, you will get-
- A 2048-bit RSA public key encryption is a highly recommended modern security standard by the NIST.
- A 256-bit AES encryption creates a robust security layer for online information and transactions.
- Unlimited server licenses enable a business owner to install SSL on choice of servers (available with GeoTrust and RapidSSL products).
- 99.9% browser recognition: you will never have to face browser warning on your screen and offer a smooth browsing experience.
- Rapid issuance and installation get you rid of complex paperwork and tedious installation process. The whole issuance process bestows automated validation. You can install a wildcard on Apache, Microsoft IIS, NGINX, Tomcat, and other servers.
Where to Buy Cheap Wildcard SSL?
Do not worry! CheapSSLShop is a global SSL provider of major certificate authorities (who issue SSL certificate) including Comodo, Digicert, Thawte, RapidSSL, GeoTrust, and GlobalSign. You can get your desired wildcard SSL at an unbelievable price.
So let’s revel an awesome journey of Five weapons-grade W’s of Wildcard SSL.
Related Posts :