EV SSL – Order Verification Requirements
During the process of Extended Validation SSL certificate, the certificate authority (CA) must validate the certificate request and the certificate details with the certificate approver identified in the certificate request. Certificate authority must contact the authorized person appointed by organization via an independent verified telephone number.
Certificate Authority could find the telephone number by the following methods:
- Certificate authority can search validate telephone database for a telephone number but make sure that organization has listed its primary telephone number in a public telephone directory.
- CA can check an Accountant Opinion Letter or take help of lawyer Opinion.
- CA can find the telephone number during a website visit conducted by CA itself.
While making a verification call, CA must verify the below details with the Certificate Approver:
- To get the extended validation Certificate CA must verify the name of the Certificate Requester and his or her authority known in the certificate request on behalf of the organization.
- CA must verify the ownership of organization and the domain right mentioned in the certificate request.
- Approval of the Extended Validation SSL Certificate request.
- Acknowledgement of signature on the Acknowledgement of Agreement.
Other Authentication Requirements
Additional Verification Requirements
If we are unable to confirm any of the essential information on your SSL Certificate request, we may apply for you to provide a legal opinion letter from a lawyer or accountant to confirm the information.